…for copyright infringement. Of course, I was floored. Copyright infringement? Well, turns out… they were claiming that my videos talking about their algorithm were giving away too much of what they considered a “trade secret”.
And, they were threatening to issue takedown notices on my YouTube channel for 4-5 videos — which would have meant my channel got instantly terminated by YouTube.
Now, I’m no legal expert, but I think their claim is probably bunk. But, what could I do? Was I going to get into a legal battle with a billion-dollar company? No. So, I took the videos off YouTube — since they had the upper hand there.
But, on my own site?
Well, that’s a different animal. And so, the exact same algorithm secrets I revealed in those banned YouTube videos (and a whole bunch more that were NOT in those videos) are included in my R2 Protocol Video Training Program.
Secrets like this:
- How your happy clients can kill your Job Success Score. (You think everything is going great, until one day you suddenly stop getting job invites and you have no idea why. This is it… and, I’ll show you what to do to make sure it never happens to you.)
- The ranking factor that’s as important as your Job Success Score that almost no one talks about. (In fact, this ranking factor is *more* important when you’re brand new on Upwork, but you won’t hear a word about it from 99% of the Upwork “gurus” out there. I’ll show what it is and how to achieve a high ranking using it.)
- How something as small as your time zone could be killing your ranking in Upwork’s matching algorithm. (This was verified by an Upwork employee and it could be why you’re not getting any job invites. A simple switch can make sure this little quirk doesn’t kill your ranking.)
- A clever way to get clients on Upwork even when you have no Job Success Score. (Critical when you’re new to the platform since you won’t have a JSS — I’ll show you how to land jobs anyway.)
- The client “pattern of behavior” Upwork secretly analyzes to evaluate YOU and how happy you’re making your clients. (If too many of your clients exhibit this specific behavior, Upwork will dead your profile and you’ll never know why.)
- How being “over-qualified” can hurt your ranking in Upwork’s Search and Suggesting ranking. (I’ll show you how and why Upwork evaluates this and how you need to build your profile to make sure this doesn’t hurt you.)
- A question your clients should *never* have to ask about you. (And, if they do, Upwork will bury your profile permanently. I’ll show you what it is and what to write in your profile overview to answer it for both clients AND Upwork.)
- The key ranking factors that drive Upwork’s matching algorithm. (When you understand the algorithm, you’ll see clearly how to build your profile to appease that algorithm. I’ll show you what those ranking factors are and the 3-part template I use to write a profile overview that makes the algorithm sing.)
- The sobering reality of just how sophisticated Upwork’s algorithm is. (Underestimate it and you’re dead in the water on Upwork. I’ll show this reality in explicit detail… and then I’ll show you the simple 2-part strategy to turn the algorithm on its head and in your favor.)
Obviously, you can see why Upwork doesn’t want this information getting out to the general public. It’s like having Upwork super powers (and the sheer number of “dead to thriving” reviews I’ve got from students is a testament to that fact).
That said, it’s not all about your profile. That’s a crucial first step, but it’s not everything. You’ll also want to know how to write compelling proposals… so you’re not just sitting around waiting for job invites. You can get aggressive and go out and get work.
In fact, when you nail proposal-writing on Upwork, it can start to feel a bit like: